When are you eligible for a refund in the event of a delay?
You will get a refund when:
- Your total delay was 30 minutes or more.
- You have a valid (copy of) your ticket and you can send this to Syntus' Customer Service department.
- You travelled on a Syntus train on a route on which Syntus is the standard operator.
- The amount to be refunded is higher than € 2.30.
You will not get a refund when:
- The delay for which you are claiming a refund was more than three months ago (counted from the day of the journey in question).
- The delay for which you are claiming a refund was announced ahead of time via at least www.syntus.nl.
- Syntus cannot be held responsible for the delay (force majeure), e.g. due to a power outage with national effects, a strike or extreme weather conditions such as storm or snow.
- The delay for which you are claiming a refund was caused by another operator (e.g. Arriva, Connexxion, NS or Veolia).
- You travel with the Syntus Day Ticket and/or the Syntus SuperTicket
- You travel with an international ticket (CIV).
You can apply for a refund by:
- Filling out our contact form.
- Writing to us. Send your letter to our freepost number 429, 7400 VB DEVENTER. You do not have to use a stamp;
- Filling out our Service Form, which you can request by calling +31 (0)88 – 0331 360. Send the form to our freepost number 429, 7400 VB DEVENTER. You do not have to use a stamp.
Syntus' Customer Service department will get back to you within 3 weeks. Due to special circumstances, this may not always be possible. In that event, we will notify you of the fact that you will get a response from the Customer Service department within 3 months.
More information and applicable terms and conditions
Click on one of the links below for more information and to consult the applicable terms and conditions: