In our area of operations, you may be eligible for a refund in certain situations if your bus journey did not proceed as planned. Here is how our refund policy works:
When will I get a refund?
The European Regulation does not stipulate a refund for delays with services for which the planned travel distance was less than 250 kilometres. In certain situations, it is possible to get a refund if your bus journey did not proceed as planned. This refund is a gesture of goodwill and, consequently, no rights may be derived from it. Additionally, the following conditions apply:
- You have a valid (copy of) your ticket and you can send this to Syntus' Customer Service department if necessary;
- You meet the requirements of the fund regulations bus.
When will I not get a refund?
- When you travelled in the Midden-Overijssel or Twente regions;
- The delay for which you are claiming a refund was more than three months ago (counted from the day of the journey in question).
- The delay for which you are claiming a refund was announced ahead of time via at least www.syntus.nl.
- Syntus cannot be held responsible for the delay (force majeure), e.g. due to a power outage with national effects, a strike or extreme weather conditions such as storm or snow.
- The delay for which you are claiming a refund was caused by another operator.
You can apply for a refund by:
- Filling out our contact form.
- Writing to us. Send your letter to our freepost number 429, 7400 VB DEVENTER. You do not have to use a stamp;
- Filling out our Service Form, which you can request by calling +31 (0)88 – 0331 360. Send the form to our freepost number 429, 7400 VB DEVENTER. You do not have to use a stamp
Syntus' Customer Service department will get back to you within 3 weeks. Due to special circumstances, this may not always be possible. In that event, we will notify you of the fact that you will get a response from the Customer Service department within 3 months.
More information and applicable terms and conditions
Click on one of the links below for more information and to consult the applicable terms and conditions: